Monday, October 13, 2008

Crap Game of the Week: Superman Returns


Found this game for $15. I picked up for my 4 year old, which made me dad of the year. I thought I would throw it in and try to pick up some easy gamer score.

Man was I wrong.

This game is SOOOOOOOOOO stinking bad. And to make matters worse...you want to love this game because it's SUPERMAN for cripes sake. You fly..you punch with super strength. Heat Vision, Freeze Breath...its all there. But as USUAL, crappy controls and unbalance kill this game before it really gets started.


The first level is your typical tutorial. You save part of Metropolis from a meteor shower and learn all your moves. Then, via a flashback you see what Supes was doing when he left Earth (setting the plot for the movie). You are fighting in WARWORLD against alien gladiators. One of which requires you to throw things at him. The problem is he is 10x as big as you and has this attack which will ALWAYS knock you down, knocking whatever you were going to throw at him away too. AARRGHHH. It is really REALLY frustrating and proved to be a gamebreaker for me. $15 bucks is too much for this pile.

Not that you would...but dont get this game!

No comments: